- Please take your signed temporary license, Social Security Number and another form of identification containing your signature when you go to process your photo license.
- Acceptable forms of signature identification include:
- PENNSYLVANIA: Driver's License, Photo ID Card, Photo Welfare Card
- PHOTOGRAPHIC ID: Military, Bank, Employee, School, Out-of-State License
- DOCUMENTS: Passport, Citizenship or Naturalization, Weapons Permit
- NON-PHOTO: Voter's Registration, Medicare Card, Pennsylvania Learner's Permit or Temporary Driver's License, Vehicle Registration
- You may go to the Driver License or Photo License Center of your choice.
- Vehicle Code Tests, Vision Screening and Road Tests may be taken at any of the Driver License Center locations listed. No examinations will be conducted on Mondays.
- The locations, days and times listed under each center are subject to change. If you have any questions concerning the Driver License Centers, please call 1-800-932-4600. Out-of-state please call 1-717-412-5300. People using TDD equipment should call 1-800-228-0676. Out-of-state please call 1-717-412-5380.
- The Department is required to obtain the licensee's Social Security Number under the provisions of sections 1510(a) and/or 1609(a)(4) of the Pennsylvania vehicle code. You will be required to provide your Social Security Number as identifying information in an attempt to minimize driver license fraud. Federal law permits the use of the Social Security Number by state licensing officials for the purpose of identification.
Please check business hours before visiting any Driver License or Photo License Center. Also, for a listing of Driver License and Photo License Center holiday closings, please click here. If you are planning to visit one of PennDOT's On-line Messenger Service Centers, please call ahead for hours of operation during holidays.
For those, who already have a driver's license, but have their car broken, check out this article for car repairing options with almost no money!